Monday, February 16, 2009



Nothing is easy when boats are involved, square edges are unusual. I had decided that I would use a fg panel supplied from CGMW's. It has many advantages in that it it easy to keep clean and quite bright, which I feel is necessary for the small spaces associated with boats. My personal feeling is that oftentimes too much wood is a bit overpowering. However this is a question of taste................ I think the balance will work, and as the boat progresses I am becoming even more sure of this decision.
That is fine for me to say, however putting the stuff in place is a different issue. Clamps are critical and bracing off whatever can be found or conjured up. I am suspicious that Bill has done this before. At the builder much of this would have been simpler as the deck is placed after a lot of the construction, hull 126 came completely bonded, deck to hull.
A simple job of creating a coaming for the head door turns into a mammoth wood bending and gluing operation, I managed to persuade Bill to let me fabricate the door. Presently it lies on my work bench whilst I try and get some time to complete it. I gotta say the hours involved are quite incredible and I have a new appreciation of boat building. The best thing is that if I tried to complete the fabrication myself it would either have stalled or cost me my marriage................... I still haven't managed to find a job that Bill can't do. I am not going to give trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment