Sunday, May 31, 2009

Xantrex charger and inverter

40 Amp charger has been delivered and also an 1800 watt inverter. Thought long and hard about the inverter, but decided in the end that there will never be a better time to put it in. Xantrex have a great reputation, I need to get a battery temp sensor though. I bought a link 20 battery monitor just recently as I had discovered they were stopping production. The pieces are coming together quite well and Dave the electrics man will be let loose soon to do his thing. The one thing I haven't yet sorted out is the transducer for the speed log and depth. This has to integrate with a Raymarine plotter, wind speed and direction. There are always issues with this stuff, it seems to me that nothing is simple.

I already have a raymarine radar bought and had asked Forespar to fit the mount on the mast, so I am hoping that will go smoothly, wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment