Friday, October 29, 2010

The interior

I have to build some fiddles behind the seat, and I had fitted a small CO detector for safety. Although we do not has LPG on board it is a wwise precaution. The speakers are BOSE and the stereo comes with a remote, this seems excessive but hey it came with it.

Bill care fully selected most of the wood on board and the colors and grains are lovely. We used Pettits satin varnish for just about everything except the table which was finished in gloss.

Two taps here, one for pressure system hot and cold, the other to a foot pump, cold only and also can be diverted for salt water.





It had struck me that there were no pictures of the finished interior. Actually it is not quite finished, are boats ever finished one might ask. Well a few cupboard doors to be fitted and a few things just to make it feel like home. I asked someone how long it took to get the inside a yacht organised and they said 3 years.
The sole is teak and is oiled to try and provide a less slippy surface when it is wet.

The salon table fits on a removable pedestal, I liked this feature which means after undoing a couple of bolts it can put out of the way as necessary. It seems to be a well engineered solution. Although I do like some of the other arrangements on other BCC's.


I quite like how the slightly different colors of the woods work together, and when the hatch is closed with the Alpen glow lights on there is a nice warm tone. The blue I feel works well with the accent of the cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment