Friday, October 1, 2010

Cranberries from the top

Nice view over the Cranberry islands, this cliff has an eagle's nest on it much to the delight of the boat tours. It dutifully takes off for a fly past on command and then sits on its eyrie majestically surveying its domain.


Ah the site of a near disaster. We had just come down to the beach after our walk and were about to get in the dinghy. When someone came rushing over to tell us that this big power boat was drifting across the bay to our BCC. Panic! We both leapt (loose term given our age and ability) into the dinghy and yours truly didn't quite make it................. the spare leg and I fell backwards into the water whereupon I was suspended upside down with my leg brace tangled into the rowlock. Foot caught under the thwart and bleeding nicely. It probably looked quite funny from the shore.

Anyway after I unhooked myself we "sped" off to the boat where this nice old lady was trying to fend off. They had hooked our anchor and as they pulled in with their winch they just worked their way up our chain until they arrived at the top. Both well into their eigthies and somewhat baffled by what had happened. We disengaged and I suspect all was ok until I realised that the camera and my cell phone was in my pocket........................

so thats the end of the photographs from me

No comments:

Post a Comment