Sunday, March 8, 2009

This piece of wood work has been giving me heart burn for some time, there must be an easier way to build it than the way I did it. Anyway I was quite pleased with the result although it took considerably longer than expected. We plan to put some lexan in the aft end of the scuttle so the light should reflect through. The glass is actually quite old and very pretty, the reds believe it or not are colloidal gold! I set the whole thing in polyurethane adhesive which is like a putty which sets, something to comtemplate at least when you are on the throne.

2 comments:

  1. You finally used the stained glass! Looks good... is this the batjroom door?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah kooks, its actually called the head! I have still got a few of these panels left so no sweat.

    ReplyDelete